You child can fly a kite outside or indoors. This kite is simplified for preschoolers, enabling them to make their own kite and fly it anywhere.
· Paper with an outline of a kite
· Crayons, color pencils or markers
· Single hole punch
1. On a piece of paper, draw the outline of a kite. Have your child color it and cut it out with scissors.
2. Cut out a piece of streamer. Because children will be running with the kite, make sure the piece of streamer is short enough that your child will not step on it while playing. Secure the streamer to the bottom of the kite with a stapler.
3. Fold the kite in half and punch 2 holes in the kite, equidistant from each other and the edge of the kite, on the line dividing the top and bottom of the kite.
4. Securely fasten a piece of ribbon through the holes (step 4). Make sure the ribbon is long enough that the kite can “fly” while your child is running.
5. You can decorate your classroom with the kite or have your child fly it.